Some of us would like to look in the mirror and see a streamlined profile but that may not be the case because of the excess fat that creates a double chin. Another name for a double chin is submental fullness and there are a number of reasons as to why you have it such as:
- Hereditary factors or genetics
- Loose skin
- Weak chin
- Small chin
- Excess neck fat
- Drooping salivary gland
- Sagging of the platysma muscle
It is no secret that some people are more prone to developing a double chin than others due to their genetic makeup and this makes them uncomfortable. However, at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery there are several of the most effective treatment options available for Double Chin Reduction in Dubai.
There are both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for Double Chin Reduction, and the most suitable treatment may depend on each individual case.
- Lipolysis, using fat dissolving injections: Also known as ‘anti-fat injections’, is ideal for very small fat collections. During the procedure, ultra-thin needles are used to inject the treatment drug into the double chin area. The fat cells ablate while the fat reduction is increased simultaneously. The skin then retracts, creating a smooth, homogenous surface. The whole process takes about 8 weeks with 2-3 treatments needed for optimal results.
- Cryolipolysis (Fat Freezing). This treatment is also known as coolsculpting, cryo-lipo, 3D lipo or fat freeze. It treats a double chin by freezing and destroying the fat cells. The treatment focuses on targeting pockets of stubborn fat beneath the chin, causing the fat cells to die naturally hence they never return. The dead fat cells are flushed out of the body through the lymphatic system hence the results will take a few weeks to show. Fat freezing is a great treatment for those with busy schedules as there is no recovery time hence you can go on with your day to day activities immediately after the treatment. It also happens to be a multipurpose treatment as it tightens the skin as well.
- Radio Frequency. Radio frequency is a long-term treatment for a double chin reduction and it just happens to be one of the most popular treatments. This is because it melts away the fat cells and allows to individually shape the jawline. This is achieved because the treatment penetrates deep into the fat layers which in turn makes your skin to look and feel tighter. Radio frequency heats the tissue and stimulates collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and loose skin. This causes natural cell death of the fat cells and tightening of the skin. It is a great treatment for those who are looking for quick results.
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU). A double chin can sometimes be caused by the aging process. Aging causes the production of collagen to slow down, the jawline and jowls to lose elasticity thus making the skin to become looser and sag. HIFU also known as Ultherapy is a skin tightening and lifting treatment. It is also known as the lunchtime facelift as it takes a few minutes to administer with the results developing over 6 to 12 weeks. It stimulates collagen production making your skin to appear more youthful and textured as well as toned. It has no downtime.
Surgical treatments often lead to longer lasting and more predictable results than nonsurgical treatments and are able to address cases that cannot be addressed adequately by non-surgical procedures.
- Liposuction. This is a surgical procedure which removes fat from beneath the skin thus sculpting the chin and neck contour. A small incision is made under the skin and a tube is inserted to suck out the fat. Local anesthesia is used numb the area.
- Neck lift. There are different types of neck lift procedures that aim to remove extra skin and tighten the neck muscles thus improving the contours of the chin and neck.
- Face lift. A face lift procedure removes fat and loose saggy skin around the chin and neck thus getting rid of a double chin.
Book Your Appointment For A Consultation
Would you like to understand what the best options for a smoother jawline? Meet one of our experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation, to develop a tailor-made plan for you. Contact us or Book an appointment and our patient care coordinators will identify the most suitable expert for you.