As we age, from the 30s onwards, we typically face a range of issues on the face and neck area that start subtly and gradually increase over time. These usually include:
- Frown lines on the forehead, around the eyes, on the cheeks and the neck.
- Sagging skin and face aging.
- Loose skin and folds on the jowls, neck, and chin or from the nose to the corner of the mouth.
- A smile that is beginning to turn downwards.
- Lost volume around the cheeks.
- Tired looking face.
A facelift procedure becomes an option for anyone who wants longer lasting results, which anti-aging products and creams cannot offer. Some of the issues above can be temporarily addressed with non-invasive procedures, while others may require some subtle interventions. Everyone is different and has different requirements. It is therefore important to understand how these issues are expected to evolve over time, how they affect the overall look and appearance of the whole face, rather than simply a specific area of the face and what the best approach is for each person individually.
Facelift Technique Options
A facelift is a cosmetic procedure where a Plastic Surgeon uses diverse surgical techniques targeting the face, to give a patient a more youthful and fresher look. The procedure, also known as a rhytidectomy in Dubai and around the world, tightens and trims the face, and gets rid of unwanted fat tissue, to give a more enhanced, younger, and contoured face.
The goal of a facelift procedure is to surgically or non-surgically repair the signs of aging by repositioning and lifting underlying facial tissues and muscles to restore volume, eliminate wrinkles and folds, and tighten sagging skin on different areas of the face. The procedure improves the overall appearance of the facial structure, which results in a more youthful look and feel.
There are two categories of a facelift procedure, which depend on the needs of the patient, as well as the recommendations of the Plastic Surgeon. These are invasive and non-invasive facelifts. A facelift surgery in Dubai refers to a surgical facelift, which is by definition more invasive than a non-surgical procedure or treatment. The Plastic Surgeon will always determine which the best technique to use is to achieve the desired result for each individual candidate.
- Surgical Facelift: This facelift technique involves surgery, where the patient is put under general anesthesia. The Plastic Surgeon tightens the underlying facial muscles after making incisions above the hairline, behind the ears, all the way to the jawline or through tiny incisions in the case of an endoscopic facelift. This enables the surgeon to remove excess fat and to trim off excess skin. This technique is done in a day surgery center or a hospital setting. It is often combined with an eyelid lift or fat injection.
- Non-Surgical Facelift: Compared to the surgical facelift, this technique is done in-office in a treatment room. The Plastic Surgeon uses injectables like dermal fillers and or Botox ® or lasers/radiofrequency or ultrasound to tighten skin, which gives the skin a firmer, fresher look and feel. A typical example is the “Nefertiti” neck lift using Botox®
Our Commitment To You
Our highly trained and experienced staff will guide you smoothly and comfortably along the entire process to allow you to make the best decision. At Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery, our experts have more than 20 years of experience in plastic and cosmetic procedures and helped more than 10,000 patients safely achieve their dream of beauty and confidence. We will identify the most suitable expert for your facelift surgery in Dubai, will listen to you, understand and identify your individual and detailed requirements in a tailor-made consultation, advise you on what you expect from the right treatment and ultimately develop the most suitable treatment plan with you.
The Facelift Process
a) The Consultation
The first step of a facelift is having a detailed consultation and examination in the clinic with our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, to determine a tailor-made plan for each candidate, whether it is a surgical facelift, non-surgical facelift in Dubai or possibly another more suitable treatment.
b) The Surgery
The second step is to schedule the facelift surgery with the highly qualified and experienced Plastic Surgeon who is an expert in facelift and anti-aging procedures. The procedure requires 3-5hours under general anesthesia.
Prior to the surgery, each patient is screened to ensure that it is safe to proceed with the procedure. This includes a pre-anesthetic consultation, blood testing, and to ensure the patient is a fit candidate for the procedure.
The facelift surgery is conducted in a hospital operating theatre and the patient typically spends 1 night in the hospital after surgery to recover. He or she can spend more time if required.
The expert Plastic Surgeon accompanies the patient throughout the entire process of recovery and healing, through scheduled follow-ups.
c) The Recovery
Upon discharge from the hospital, the patient typically has minor bandages, which are changed the following day, and new ones placed. After 3 days, the bandages are replaced with an elastic face sling, which the patient has to wear throughout for the next 7 days, after which it can be worn for only 12 hours a day for two weeks.
During the recovery period, strenuous activity should be avoided, but normal day-to-day activities can typically be resumed after 1 week.
Over a period of about 4 weeks, the patient would typically have several post-operation visits to the clinic to monitor the healing process.
Although a facelift procedure is straightforward, it is important that the right level of intervention or treatment is determined and that the procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical be performed by a qualified and expert plastic surgeon. A potential candidate has to fit into certain criteria to be eligible for the procedure and should have:
- Be a non-smoker
- Realistic expectations regarding the expected results.
- Be in good health both physically and psychologically.
What To Expect From A Facelift
The main benefit of a facelift are fresher and younger-looking features, which makes a notable difference in how your face looks and feels. Since everyone is different, the expected results of a facelift might vary from person to person, but benefits typically include:
- Well-defined facial contours.
- Eliminated or reduced facial wrinkles and loose skin.
- Firmer and more toned facial skin.
- Restored volume to the face.
- Long-lasting results.
- A restored smile with a more relaxed, happier expression
- A boost in confidence and self-esteem.
Meet one of our experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation, to develop a tailor-made plan for you. Contact us or Book an appointment and our patient care coordinators will identify the most suitable expert for you.