Aging is a fact of life and it is appreciated as it comes with its own benefits. But not everything that comes with aging is acceptable to many individuals. And this mostly includes the signs of aging like:
- Sagging forehead skin
- Drooping eyebrows
- Drooping upper eyelids
- Wrinkles between the eyes and on the forehead
As the eyebrows move down due to loss of elasticity of the skin and soft tissues around the area, the eyebrows and eyelashes distance also shortens. When this happens the lower position of the eyebrows can make you look older, sad, angry or tired. To fix this, a forehead lift is needed which raises the eyebrows thus giving you a refreshed and more pleasing appearance.
A Forehead lift or a brow lift is a cosmetic procedure done to lift and tighten the sagging of the forehead skin, upper eyelids and eyebrows. It also improves the appearance of wrinkles between the eyes and on the forehead. A forehead lift surgery is also sometimes referred to as forehead reshaping in Dubai.
Forehead Lift Technique
A forehead lift procedure repositions the eyebrows to a higher position thereby improving the drooping furrows and frown lines. The procedure can also be done on individuals whose brows are quite low to the point where the upper part of their vision is blocked.
There are different techniques which a surgeon might use during a forehead lift procedure. The techniques determine where the location of the incisions will be, and the resulting scars. These techniques are;
- Endoscopic Brow Lift. This is the most popular type of forehead lift. During this technique, your surgeon makes several small incisions behind the hairline. He or she then inserts a long thin tube with light and a tiny camera mounted on its end called an endoscope through one of the incisions so as to view the tissues and underlying muscles. A smaller surgical instrument is inserted through another incision and the surgeon uses this to lift the forehead tissues and anchor them in place with sutures. The incisions are then closed with small clips or stitches.
- Hairline Brow Lift. In this technique, an incision is made between the top of the forehead and the beginning of the hairline. A small amount of tissue and skin is then removed from the top of the forehead or rather the scalp. This ensures that your hairline is not pulled back. The hairline brow lift is used when someone has a high receding hairline.
- Coronal Brow Lift. The incision during this technique is made behind the hairline across the top of the head, primarily on top of the head from ear to ear. The surgeon then lifts the forehead to its new position, with the scalp in front of the incision overlapping the scalp behind it. The overlapping scalp is then removed and the remaining part of the scalp is sewn together. The coronal brow lift technique is not done on individuals who have thin hair, are likely to lose their hair or have high hairlines. It is also not a popular technique anymore and has been largely replaced by the endoscopic forehead/brow lift.
Our Guidance And Our Commitment To You
Our highly trained and experienced staff will guide you smoothly and comfortably along the entire process of your forehead lift surgery in Dubai, which will allow you to make the best decision. At Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery, our experts have more than 20 years of experience in plastic and cosmetic procedures and have helped more than 10,000 patients safely achieve their dream of beauty and confidence. We will identify the most suitable expert for you who will listen to you, understand and identify your individual and detailed requirements in a tailor-made consultation. He/she will also advise you on what you should expect from the right treatment and ultimately develop the most suitable treatment plan with you.
The Forehead Lift Process
a) The Consultation
The first step of a forehead lift in Dubai is to have a detailed consultation and examination in the clinic with our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, to determine a tailor-made plan for each candidate.
b) The Surgery
The second step is to schedule the Forehead lift surgery with the highly qualified and experienced Plastic Surgeon who is an expert in Forehead lift and other anti-aging procedures. Depending on the technique used, the procedure requires one to two hours under general anaesthesia.
Prior to the surgery, each patient is screened to ensure that it is safe to proceed with the surgery. This includes a pre-anaesthetic consultation, blood testing and to ensure the patient is a fit candidate for the procedure.
The Forehead lift may be done alone or along other procedures such as eyelid surgery, face lift or nose reshaping. An endoscopic forehead lift is often combined with an endoscopic midface lift as it utilises the same incisions in the scalp. In most cases, and depending on the technique used, the procedure is usually done on an out-patient basis without an overnight stay but in some cases it may require a one night stay.
After the surgery, the hair and scalp are washed so the scalp does not get irritated.
c) The Recovery
After the procedure, the area is wrapped with a sterile padding and an elastic bandage so as to prevent bleeding and swelling. Temporary discomfort and numbness are felt at the surgical site but they are usually controlled with painkillers which are prescribed. To prevent further swelling, it is important to keep the head in a raised position for 2-3 days after the surgery.
Swelling and bruising will occur around the eyes and cheeks but they usually fade within a few days. There will be an itching or tingling sensation on the forehead as the nerves re-grow. This will take about 6 months to fully disappear.
The bandages are removed a day or two after the surgery and the stitches or clips will be removed within 10 to 14 days after the surgery in two stages.
You should be able to go back to work or regular activities within 10 days but be sure to avoid vigorous physical activities. Also limit sun or heat exposure for several months.
Our expert Plastic Surgeon will accompany you throughout the entire process of recovering and healing through scheduled follow-ups.
Before making any decision regarding the surgery, ask the surgeon to show you before and after photos of his or her previous forehead lift surgeries. The ideal candidate of a forehead lift should have one or more of the following;
- Sagging eyebrows
- Horizontal wrinkles on the forehead
- Deep furrows between the eyes
- Tissue which hang down at the outer part of the eyelids
- Be in good health mentally and physically
- Have realistic expectations
What To Expect From A Forehead Lift
A Forehead lift or brow lift creates a more youthful and energetic appearance. Other benefits include;
- Reduction in the appearance of sagging upper eyelids
- Reduction in the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead
- Repositioned and elevated brow line along the natural brow ridge
- Very minimal excess skin
- Improvement in the appearance of crow’s feet
- Improvement in the appearance of a furrowed brow
Book your appointment for a consultation.
Meet one of our experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation to develop a tailor-made plan for your forehead lift surgery in Dubai. Contact us or book an appointment and our patient care coordinator will identify the most suitable expert for you.