Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgical procedure that increases the size of breasts and improves the shape as well. The most common question that gets asked regarding breast augmentation is ‘what breast implants size is right for me?’
Choosing a breast implant size that is right for you can be very confusing. This is because women going in for breast augmentation consultation tend to talk about someone else’s breasts and say they would like something similar. However, Plastic Surgery results vary and what worked for someone else might not work for you. Therefore, it is important to have realistic expectations in mind.
How breast implant sizes are measured
Most individuals have heard of the term CCs. This is the standardized measure of breast implant sizes that is used in the medical world. CC stands for ‘cubic centimeter’, which is the most common measure around the world.
The higher the number of CC in an implant, the larger the implant. Breast implant sizes generally range from 200CC to 600CC but there is no stock-standard sizing recommendation.
What to consider when it comes to breast implant sizing
- Existing breast tissue. During your consultation, your Plastic Surgeon will look at the shape and volume of your existing breasts to determine how your current chest may affect the size you will choose. This is particularly essential for women who have had babies and have breastfed, or women who have lost significant amounts of weight but still carry some volume across their chest. This also helps your surgeon to determine whether you need a breast implant surgery or perhaps a breast lift as well or instead.
- Your build. Most women who go for breast augmentation consultation envisage a natural look which means they want:
- Their new breasts to complement their existing body shape and not look overdone or out of place
- To be in proportion to their curves, chest, waist and hips
- To improve the contour of their breasts
- Clothes to fit better and look more feminine and flattering
- Your height. Just like your build, your height also determines which size of breast implants would best suit you. If you are looking at others such as celebrities for inspiration, their build, body shape and height will differ from yours. What might look great in proportion to them may not necessarily work best for you. But talking to your Plastic Surgeon about what you do and do not like about others is encouraged as this will help in understanding what you’re hoping to achieve.
- Your current breast diameter: In general, the larger the implant the wider the diameter of the implant. Therefore, the size of the implant chosen determines the diameter of the implant, but your Plastic Surgeon will also measure the size of your existing breast diameter as well as looking at your height, build and preferences to determine what is the ideal size and type of implant for you.
Personal preference. This is the most important factor when choosing the right breast implant size for yourself. An Expert Plastic Surgeon will talk to you about the available sizes and their pros and cons as well. But at the end of the day, it is up to you to make a well-informed decision on what you want based on the information you’ve been given and what you’ve seen. Book your appointment for a consultation
Would you like to understand what options are available for Breast Augmentation in Dubai? Meet one of our experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation to develop a tailor-made plan for you. Contact us or Book an appointment and our patient care coordinators will identify the most suitable expert for you.