Getting breast surgery is a big decision to make. This is because it is something that you have to live with for a long period if not for the rest of your life. It is always a good thing to know as much as possible before going under the knife. You have to research the procedure, the Plastic Surgery clinic as well as the Plastic Surgeon. This will ensure that the procedure is safe for you and that you are going to have a safe outcome.
Undergoing breast surgery is a personal decision and reasons vary from person to person. Some of the reasons include:
- Issues with shape and size
- Restoring comfort
- Achieving a more youthful look
There are different types of breast procedures:
- Breast Augmentation. This type of surgery uses implants or fat transfer to enhance the size/fullness and projection of the breasts. Breast Augmentation can also be used to improve body contours and improve self-image as well as boost confidence. In 2018, Breast augmentation was the top Plastic Surgery procedure according to the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS).
- Breast Lift. Breast lift unlike breast augmentation does not increase the breast size. It instead tightens and creates firmer, fuller-looking breasts by removing excess skin tissue. It also repositions the entire breast in a higher location as well as repositioning the nipple areolar complex to a more appropriate location.
- Breast reduction. Breast reduction surgery is on the opposite side of the spectrum as it reduces the size of overly large, heavy breasts. It can also help in treating issues like skin irritation and back pain, resulting in beautifully proportionate breasts.
Why Combine Breast Procedures
One breast procedure may be what some women need to get their breasts to be the way they want. But what many women do not know is that they can benefit more by combining breast procedures. This is because sometimes a single breast procedure is not always enough to help with your specific needs.
Some breast surgery combinations include:
- Breast augmentation with Breast Lift. This procedure is best for those who are looking to improve the shape and size of their breasts while also addressing the sagging of their breasts to produce a perkier appearance. Inserting a breast implant can lift the breast, but only to a certain extent. A Plastic Surgeon can further enhance the breasts by removing excess skin thereby returning the breasts to a more aesthetically pleasing position. Also when performing a breast lift, placement of an implant can increase upper pole fullness which is often lost with age or breast feeding.
- Breast reduction with Breast lift. These two procedures are always combined as overly large breasts have also low lying nipples and excess skin. The ultimate scars for both procedures are essentially the same. Overly large breasts can cause pain and significant stress to the body. When a breast reduction is performed, it is simultaneously lifted and can increase comfort and improve appearance as well.
- Breast lift with fat injection. Fat injection is used with breast lift surgery especially in the upper breast skin to improve the loose skin texture of the skin. This is especially true in women who have lost a lot of weight and have stretch marks in the upper breast skin. Once a breast lift is performed, fat is injected in the skin to improve quality of the skin. In addition an implant can be used to increase upper pole fullness.
Benefits of combining breast procedures
- Combining breast procedures can help in minimizing the costs
- You only need to undergo anesthesia once
- You will only undergo one recovery period
- The results of both procedures complement each other. Undergoing one procedure can lead to results that feel incomplete.
Book an appointment for your consultation
Would you like to understand what options are available for Breast Procedures in Dubai? Meet one of the experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery in Dubai for a personal consultation to develop a tailor-made plan for you. You may contact the clinic or book an appointment at +971 4 395 3033 and a patient coordinator will identify the most suitable expert for you.