Every time we gain weight, our skin stretches to accommodate the extra fat deposits which get accumulated under the tissue layer. However, whenever we undergo dramatic weight loss, the excess skin fails to spring back to its original position, thus leaving us with extra skin folds around the tummy, neck, thighs, and fat. This blog covers post-weight loss body contouring surgery in Dubai to educate our readers on how it helps alleviate post-weight loss problems.
What Is Post-Weight Loss Body Contouring Surgery?
Body contouring surgery is a set of invasive cosmetic procedures that aims to:
- Remove loose, inelastic, and saggy skin
- Eliminate unwanted fat deposits
- Reshape different body areas into attractive silhouettes
- Improve the tone of underlying tissues, skin, and muscles
The involved procedures may include: tummy tuck, liposuction, and various excisional body lift techniques like breast lift, arm lift, neck lift, and thigh lift. As evident, the processes mainly target areas like the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, back, breasts, and upper arms.
Here are the post weight loss body contouring surgery results that you can expect from the treatment.
Post-weight loss body contouring surgery dramatically reshapes the chest, back, and arms of the patient to obtain youthful contours. After rapid weight loss, the skin of the arm and back loses its elasticity and starts to droop. At the same time, the breast tissue also begins to sag. Post-weight loss body contouring surgery helps remove the excess fat cells and skin to redefine the way you look.
- The chest contouring surgery includes breast augmentation and lifting methods. These surgeries remove the excess tissue and fat cells and reshape the breasts, thus leaving you with a perkier look. In this way, post-weight loss contouring addresses saggy breasts and creates a more proportionate look.
- Sudden weight loss often leaves rolls and bulges around the upper back that form due to the presence of excess skin tissue that failed to snap back after the transformation. Various contouring surgeries, like bra line lift, back tuck, and upper back lift, solve the problem by removing the fat and extra skin, tightening the remaining skin, and blessing the back with a smoother look.
- Post-weight loss body contouring surgery helps treat cosmetic issues like bat wings and saggy arms by removing the excessive fat with Brachioplasty.
Weight loss often leaves loose, saggy skin around the thigh, buttocks, and hips. Different body contouring surgeries employed by your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon help treat the droopy skin by removing the extra tissue and giving a smoother tone to the body.
- The loose skin around buttocks often present an unattractive look. Luckily, a buttock lift solves the problem by tightening skin and repositioning tissue. This post-weight loss surgery gives a toned and youthful look.
- Similarly, sudden weight loss can also result in inelastic, droopy skin around the abdomen that can’t be tucked in through diet and exercise. The body contouring surgery removes the loosened skin and even perform abdominal muscle repair to restructure the area. This eventually turns the hanging, flabby abdomen into a flatter one.
If you are interested in knowing more about body contouring in Dubai, feel free to contact the Al Shunnar patient care team. Our coordinators will readily schedule a personal consultation session for you with one of our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.