Breast Augmentation is a cosmetic procedure which involves reshaping and enhancing breast size to make them appear bigger and more youthful. Different breast augmentation techniques are practiced out in the industry but inframammary approach remains highly popular since it grants greater control over the breast tissues.
This blog explains how Inframammary Approach for Breast Augmentation in Dubai helps women get aesthetically attractive breasts.
What is an inframammary Approach to Breast augmentation?
This approach involves making an incision in the inframammary area (under the breast) along the natural crease line which is used by the Plastic Surgeon to place the implant and eventually close the incision with sutures or adhesives.
Inframammary breast Augmentation can be performed as a stand- alone procedure. However, sometimes, it is combined with other breast lift techniques to give a more contoured and rejuvenated look.
The procedure starts with consulting the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who learns about the patient’s medical history, determines suitability, explains the treatment, and decides on the type of anesthesia to be given.
On the day of the surgery, the Plastic Surgeon begins with making a 2 to 4-cm cut below the breast, in the crease line. Later, he or she creates a pocket either above or below the breast muscles. The location depends on the size of the implant and the type of results a patient longs for. Then, the implant is placed carefully in a way that it fits the pocket perfectly. Mostly, silicone or saline gel implants are used. However, some people prefer to use their own fat for augmentation. In that case, the fat is first grafted, then purified, andfinally inserted through very small incisions.
Finally, the Plastic Surgeon closes the incision using surgical tapes or dissolvable sutures.
Benefits of Procedure
- It grants better control to the surgeon over the whole process. He or she can easily place the implants with utmost precision and thus ensure the symmetry of the breast.
- Since the incision is made below the chest, it remains well hidden along the breast fold.
- It does not go though breast tissue to create the pocket unlike a periareolar approach where the surgeons would have to go through breast tissue to create the desired pocket.
- It leaves the breast with a more proportionate, symmetrical, and aesthetically appealing look.
Risks of Inframammary Breast Augmentation
Like other invasive procedures, inframammary breast augmentation also has some potential risks. These include:
- Bruising and scarring
- Blood clotting
- Capsular contracture formation
The risks are easily avoidable if you consult a trusted Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
The nature and length of healing process for inframammary breast augmentation varies from person to person. However, a general timeline is given as follows:
- You might experience some pain and swelling in the first week. Your Plastic Surgeon will probably give you some painkillers to cope with the pain. Moreover, they will advise you to wear a surgical bra and avoid any strenuous exercise.
- After two weeks, you will be more comfortable and can return to daily activities. However, try not to get involved in any hard-core exercises.
- By the 3rd week, you can start doing light exercises and yoga.
- After 1 to 2 months, most of the swelling would have subsided, and you can observe the desired results of the surgery.
If you are interested in knowing more about breast enhancement in Dubai, feel free to contact the Al Shunnar patient care team. Our coordinators will readily schedule a personal consultation session for you with one of our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.