All adults past the age of 30 have one thing in common, they begin to loose cheek volume and the ageing process becomes more evident. This happens gradually over time due to factors such as environmental agents, sun damage, and congenital afflictions. Because of these factors, the skin begins to sag and droop as the muscles tend to grow tired and weak. A few individuals are lucky as they get to age gracefully and beautifully. Others on the other hand don’t. That is where aesthetic procedures such as cheek fillers and cheek implants come in.
Cheek implants and cheek fillers can be used to improve the appearance of the cheekbones and balance the facial features while keeping the signs of aging at bay. However, cheek implants are used to contour the face with dramatic results but they have minimal impact on the wrinkles and fine lines. Fillers on the other hand can be combined with other injectables to smooth out wrinkles and add volume and proportionality to the face.
Below are comparisons between cheek implants and fillers:
- Most fillers reduce wrinkles, fine lines and add volume to the face. On the other hand cheek implants focus on restoring facial contours.
- It only takes a few minutes to administer fillers while it takes over an hour for implant insertion which is performed under anesthesia.
- When you opt for fillers you have to note that they should be done at least once or twice a year as they last only for a few months. Cheek implants are permanent.
- There are cases where patients have become allergic after being administered fillers but cheek implants are 100% non-allergic.
- Many unqualified individuals administer fillers out there thus putting patients at a higher risk of infection Fillers and cheek implants can only be inserted by a licensed qualified and registered Plastic Surgeon.
- Fillers are usually cheaper on the onset but can be quite expensive in the long term as they have to be done once or twice a year. Since you have to keep going back to have them done it becomes costly. Cheek implants on the other hand are expensive but once implanted they can be permanent.
- The effects of dermal fillers are visible for about six to 12 months depending on the type of filler used. If one is not happy with the result the fillers can be dissolved. Alternatively, if an individual gets cheek implants and he or she is not satisfied with the results they can be removed at any time. Of note, these implants are placed and removed surgically.
Book Your Appointment for a Consultation
Would you like to understand what options are available for Cheek Augmentation in Dubai? Meet one of our experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation to develop a tailor-made plan for you. Contact us or Book an appointment and our patient care coordinators will identify the most suitable expert for you.