Breast augmentation is the process of accentuating the overall size of the breasts to make them more attractive, voluminous, and aesthetically appealing. Plastic Surgeons perform this invasive cosmetic procedure by following either of the two available techniques: implant placement and fat transfer. The choice of procedure depends on the health status of the patient, the judgment and preference of the Certified Plastic Surgeon, and the aspirations of the individual.
Are you confused about which one to choose? Dive into this blog to know in detail about breast augmentation in Dubai (with implants and with fat transfer) to learn the basic differences between the two approaches.
What is Breast Augmentation with Implants?
Breast augmentation with implants refers to the process of improving the volume of the breasts with the help of soft, shelled prosthetics that are placed over or under the chest muscle. The length of incisions involved in the procedure depend on the implants being used.
Breast implants come in various textures, materials, sizes, and shapes. For instance, they can be made of silicone or saline material. Silicone implants are made of gel and are known to provide a more natural feel. Saline implants, on the other hand, contain salt water and give more projection to the breasts.
Breast implants can be round or anatomic in shape. They can be textured, nano-textured, or smooth. They also come in diverse profiles: low, medium, or high. Your Plastic Surgeon will decide on these options by comprehensively assessing your body and your expectations with the procedure.
Professionals adopt any one of the following techniques during breast augmentation with implant placement:
- Inframammary: Incision is made along the crease of the natural breast fold.
- Transaxillary: An incision is made in each armpit.
- Peri-areolar: A circular incision is made along the lower border of the areola.
- Transumbilical: An incision is made on the upper edge of the belly button to access the breasts.
What is Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer?
Breast augmentation with fat transfer employs the technique of fat grafting to enlarge the breast size. It is also known as autologous breast augmentation as it utilizes the body fat cells to increase the breast volume. It works by extracting the fat from areas like the buttocks, abdomen, thighs, and upper arms, and transferring it into the breasts.
Plastic Surgeons perform the procedure in three stages:
- Fat Extraction: A narrow cannula is used to suction the fat cells from the pockets.
- Fat Processing: The aspirate is processed in a sterile container and further washed to remove impurities.
- Fat Transfer: The collected fat is then injected into the breasts with the help of another cannula and a syringe.
Breast augmentation with fat transfer is less invasive than augmentation with implants as it requires less extensive incisions. It serves two purposes simultaneously; enhancing breast size and sculpting donor sites. Not to mention, this procedure also requires shorter downtimes and provides almost scar-less results.
Which One Will Suit You the Most?
Consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is the most reliable way of knowing which procedure will meet your needs in the best way possible. However, you may opt for breast augmentation with fat transfer if:
- You want a subtle boost
- You have the required fat mass on your body
- You want to sculpt certain body parts with high-fat deposits
- You want a completely natural procedure
- You want long-lasting results
- You want scar-less outcomes
To the contrary, breast augmentation with implants will be the best procedure for you if:
- You want dramatic or prominent results
- You want precise outcomes exactly according to your expectations
- You want diverse options while finalizing the procedure
- You want results that can be easily undone
- You have a lean or skinny body
If you are interested in knowing more about Breast Augmentation in Dubai, feel free to contact the Al Shunnar patient care team. Our coordinators will readily schedule a personal consultation session for you with one of our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.