Majority of people do not like the idea of aging, and more so the signs that come with it. Premature aging is also not very well accepted by most individuals and sometimes using anti-aging skincare products does not help at all. This is because premature aging of the skin needs to be addressed at a cellular level, and not on the surface. Some of these skin concerns include;
- Fine lines
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet
- Loose skin
Skin regeneration does not only leave the skin looking youthful but also gives it a silky, radiant and supple look.
Skin Regeneration Technique Options
Skin regeneration slows down the aging process by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines through collagen regeneration. There are a number of skin regeneration treatment techniques such as;
- Biorevitalization: This is a non-surgical anti-aging skin treatment which involves the use of unmodified non-animal hyaluronic acid in very small doses. The injections are usually targeted and injected into the dermal layer of the skin to regenerate collagen as well as hydrate the skin.
- Stem cell facial rejuvenation: This type of treatment uses the body’s own regenerative properties to rejuvenate the skin and reverse premature aging.
- Microneedling: This skin regeneration technique reverses the signs of aging, minimizes wrinkles and fine lines, treats acne scars and even stimulates hair growth. It works by promoting collagen production by causing micro-injuries to the skin.
Our Commitment To You
It is perfectly normal to feel uncomfortable with the idea of surgery or injections. Don’t worry, we will guide you smoothly and comfortably along the entire process to allow you to make the best decision. At Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery, our experts have more than 20 years of experience in plastic and cosmetic procedures and have helped more than 10,000 patients safely achieve their dream of beauty and confidence. We will identify the most suitable expert for you, will listen to you, understand and identify your individual and detailed requirements in a tailor made consultation, advise you on what you expect from the right treatment and ultimately develop the most suitable treatment plan with you.
The Skin Regeneration Process
a) The Consultation
The first step of a skin tightening is having a detailed consultation and examination in the clinic with our board-certified plastic surgeon, to determine a tailor-made plan for each candidate.
b) The Treatment
The second step is to schedule the skin regeneration procedure with the highly qualified and experienced plastic surgeon who is an expert in skin tightening and anti-aging procedures. The procedure requires 30 minutes to one hour.
Prior to any surgery or treatment, each patient is screened to ensure that it is safe to proceed with the procedure. This includes a pre-anesthetic consultation, blood testing, and to ensure the patient is a fit candidate for the procedure.
Some of the most common skin regeneration treatments include:
- Biorevitalization: This procedure lasts between 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on how serious the skin problems are. Topical anesthesia is usually administered before the treatment starts. Hyaluronic acid is then injected into the dermal layer of the skin for the stimulation of collagen. Skin hydration for slowing down cell fragmentation follows next. The treatment restores moisture and elasticity thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. 2-4 sessions are required at intervals of 3-4 weeks and the results last between 6 and 12 months.
- Stem cell facial rejuvenation: This procedure works by transferring adipose cells which are rich in human stem cells from other areas of the body. Mini-liposuction for harvesting the adult stem cells is required, which is done mostly on the stomach or medial thigh area. The fat cells are then filtered in a collector before being injected on the face where vast amount of volume has been lost. This restores the volume by repairing the cells through collagen regeneration. The results can last up to 8 years.
- Microneedling: Also known as collagen induction therapy, this skin regeneration treatment works by penetrating the upper layer of the skin with micro-needles. This causes micro-wounds which trigger the skin to produce new collagen and elastin naturally. A session can last between 45 minutes and 2 hours depending on the surface area being treated. Topical anesthesia can be used for patients with low pain threshold.
The skin regeneration treatments are conducted in the clinic’s treatment room and the patient usually goes home immediately after the procedure.
The expert plastic surgeon accompanies the patient throughout the entire process of recovery and healing, through scheduled follow-ups.
c) The Recovery
The recovery is different for each procedure and the doctor will take you through the process. After any skin regeneration treatment, over-exposure to the sun is discouraged, and the patient is advised to use a high spectrum sun screen.
Although a skin regeneration treatment is straightforward, it is important that the right level of intervention or treatment is determined and that the procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical be performed by a qualified and expert plastic surgeon or dermatologist. A potential candidate has to fit into certain criteria to be eligible for the procedure and should have:
- Realistic expectations regarding the expected results.
- Be in good health both physically and psychologically.
- Be a non-smoker
- Have skin concerns such as wrinkles and fine lines
What To Expect From A Skin Regeneration
The main benefit of a skin regeneration treatment is a youthful looking skin. Since everyone is different, the expected results of a skin regeneration treatment might vary from person to person, but benefits typically include:
- Healthier skin
- Youthful looking skin
- Radiant skin
- Plumped up skin
Book your appointment for a Consultation
Would you like to understand what the best options for a younger, fresher, better-looking-you are? Meet one of our experts at Al Shunnar Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation, to develop a tailor-made plan for you. Contact us or book an appointment and our patient care coordinators will identify the most suitable expert for you.
Dr. Claudia Alves Silva Machado
Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Kamal Sawan
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Buthainah Al Shunnar
Consultant Plastic Surgeon